Zero Waste Recipe
Roasted Cauliflower Wedge with Rainbow Swiss Chard, Spring Ramps &
Carrot Curry Lime Broth
1 head of cauliflower, greens removed and saved
1 bunch rainbow swiss chard
8 pieces spring ramps or green onions
6 large carrots, peeled & save peeling
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp curry powder
2 cups carrot juice from 5 carrots
1 tbsp lime juice or white balsamic vinegar
½ cup green carrot tops
1. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Remove green outer leaves of the cauliflower, set aside.
2. Place the entire head of cauliflower into salted boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Carefully remove cauliflower from the pot and place on a plate or in a colander and drain water from the hot cauliflower. Discard water.
3. Wash and dry swiss chard, cauliflower greens, ramps or scallions. Chop the swiss chard and cauliflower greens into 2 inch strips and set aside. Leave ramps or scallions whole.
4. Using a juicer, juice 5 large peeled carrots and all of the carrot peelings to make 2 cups of carrot juice, set aside. Slice the remaining carrot into circles.
5. Using a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and swirl to coat the skillet add swiss chard, cauliflower greens and ramps or scallions and saute for 3 minutes. Remove vegetable from skillet and place in a bowl and set aside.
6. Using the same skillet over low heat add 1 tbsp olive oil, add sliced carrots and cook slowly for 12 minutes tossing every minute. Cook until caramelized and golden brown, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
7. Cut the whole head of blanched Cauliflower into 4 equal size wedges making sure the core is in the center of each wedge. Using a kitchen towel or paper napkin wipe out the skillet that we were using and place back on stove over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Place the cauliflower wedges flat side down into the hot skillet and cook till golden brown on all side. Remove cauliflower from skillet and keep warm.
8. Using the same skillet over low heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil, then add the curry powder and cook into the oil for 15 seconds, add carrot juice, then add all of the cooked vegetables. Bring to simmer and season with salt, pepper and lime juice.
9. Place warm cauliflower into a large plate or bowl then evenly spoon carrot curry broth with all of the vegetable around the cauliflower, garnish with the green carrot tops.
Serve hot or room temperature.
Click here to download the recipe!